Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 8 in Hospitalet

Hola familia y amigos!!!
This week was a very difficult week for me and for my companionship. We did not have a very successful week in terms of finding new people to teach and have been having some real problems with our investigator Moises. Anderson was able to receive the priesthood yesterday though and so that was a pretty good boost at the end of a hard week. It really is crazy how up and down the mission is. There are so many incredible things and miracles that we get to see when we find people that are prepared to receive the Gospel and they accept it....but on the other hand...it is so hard when we open ourselves to other people and share what is so sacred and close to our hearts, and not a single person wants to hear about it. It really is a roller coaster.  But it is good for growing I guess. The hard times are really just to strengthen us. That is something that I have a huge testimony of and that I have seen over and over again in my life. The hard things are seriously just for our benefit. If you think that you haven´t had experience with that in your life...look again and try to figure out what your learned or any blessing that might have come out of it. 
Something that I really want to mention this week is how important it is to communicate in relationships...but in that communication, to try to listen to just the words that are being said and not focus on the tone of voice, the body language, etc. It is something that has really been helping me this week as well as really trying to watch the tone of voice that I use when saying things. The words are what is important and we can get extremely confused sometimes if we focus on the other things. This is something that has really helped me and my companion be more unified this week and I want to encourage you all to do the same thing in your relationships. 
Anyways, one incredible miracle we saw this week, was that Anderson got up and bore his testimony in church yesterday! It was one of the most special moments that I have had in the mission so far. He is such an incredible example and I am so proud of him. 
Moises in having a difficult time for a lot of reasons. I don´t think I should share any of them here right now though. But please keep him in your prayers and pray that we can find new people to teach that are ready and prepared to hear the Gospel.
This last preparation day, we went to Park Guell. It is an incredible park that was designed by Gaudi. It is just incredibly gorgeous and I loved every minute of it. Today we are also going to go visit the Sagrada Familia! I am way excited. 
Oh...and the pictures that were posted last week...many of them were from the MTC here in Spain and then the others were from the baptisms of Bryan, Dafne, and Anderson. And then there were pictures at some fun places here in Barcelona and also at Tibidabo. The pictures from this week are from Park Guell. There are many amazing things here to see and Preparation day is never long enough to see them all!
Okay...well that is all I have time for. Love you all! I get to talk to my family this week on Mother´s day!!!
Love,
Hermana Eyre
p.s. Serenity forgot to attach the pictures for this week in her email, so maybe next week

No comments:

Post a Comment