Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 17 in San Sebastian

Hello everone!
 
This is likely my last week here in San Sebastian...at least it feels like I am going to be transferred this next week...but we will see. If that is the case, I am really sad to go because I love this area with all my heart! The people are fantastic as well as everything else. It will be a good week regardless though. Saul is still going to be baptized on Wednesday and we are just absolutely thrilled about that! It will be a really neat baptismal service because all his kids and his wife are going to participate in the program. He is incredibly prepared and is a perfect example to me of how Heavenly Father really does not need us in or to do his work. He is the one that touched Saul´s heart and he has made all the changes necessary to take this step of baptism. We just taught the lessons (even though he already knows everything because he has been an investigator for 6 years). This is God´s work and it will never be any different than that. 
 
I spent this last week in Bilbao on companion exchanges. It was a very long exchange, (5 days, which is very unusual) but I really had a good time and learned a lot. And my companion here in San Sebastian, Hermana Lichfield, totally knows the area and the ward here well enough to show it to the next missionary that is going to come up here. We have actually been hoping that they will send another companionship up here to help with all the work. While we don´t have tons of investigators right now, the ward is just overflowing of less-active members that we are trying to visit and are more than willing to meet with us, but we just don´t have sufficient time to meet with all of them. 
 
The weather has still been changing here quite drastically. It was pretty cold and we thought we were headed into winter, but then this whole last week it was quite warm and it just barely started cooling off again. The leaves here are starting to change finally...but it is not quite the same as Utah. We were grateful for the change of daylight savings, because now we are not running in the complete dark. 
 
Anyways...enough of my rambling. Things are going well here and I am looking forward to seeing what the next transfer is going to bring me. Thank you all for the great support that I receive from you. You all mean the world to me and everything that I hear from each of you just keeps me going out here. This is the most important work and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to be out here and participating in it. If any of you reading this have ever wanted to serve and are on the fence about it...come out and do it! You will never regret it!
 
I love you all!
Talk to you next week!
 
Love,
Hermana Eyre

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Hermana Eyre,
    I'm thinking you probably don't get these comments since they are posted by Chelsia! but we have LOVED keeping track of what you're doing and what you're thinking and all the great people you're working with! We are so very proud of your fantastic progress in every way. We love you!

    ReplyDelete