Monday, February 13, 2012

Week 4 in the Provo, Utah mission

Hey all!

I am way short on time...but here it goes. We had our first investigator baptized this last Saturday. It was a 10 year old boy who was just so ready to be baptized. We have another 10 year old boy that we are teaching that is also preparing for a date. But as for the first one, we are really excited because his foster brother had sat in on a few lessons and on our last lesson with the 10 year old, the foster brother asked if we could start teaching him. We are super stoked about it. He is a 16 year old boy who is awesome and I think is really ready for the gospel in his life. I am very sad though because I will not be able to teach him. I am getting transferred on Wednesday to another area in the mission. I am super sad to leave and not be leaving to go to Spain. I have only been with these people for 4 weeks and I love them all so much! I am not ready to go to a new area already! But again...I guess the Lord knows what he is doing better than I do.

I am going to be in a companionship of 3 this time. It will be interesting to figure out the dynamics of that while teaching.

This last week has been a little hard on me and on my companion. I have just been having a hard time emotionally and my companion has been in a lot of pain for the last 5 days. She hasn't been able to sleep much at all because of a displaced rib that she got in high school that is now causing some problems. I hope that she starts feeling better soon. I went out with a fellowshipping sister last night while she stayed at the place we live with our landlords because she can't sit up for more than 15 or 20 minutes. I really hope she starts feeling better soon because this is going to be her last transfer and she is really sad that her mission is almost over! Anyways, I have no time left. Maybe I will have more time for a longer update next week.

My new address is:
722 E. 1600 S.
Orem, UT 84057


Send me letters or whatever! I want to hear from you all and I love you all so much!

Love,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment