Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 5 in the Provo, Utah mission

Hello everyone!!!
I miss you all so much but I really am enjoying my time here in the Provo mission. It is really opening my eyes to a lot of things. As for the news on the visa...It is a ways out. It sounds like it will be more than a month now. Probably end of March or early April....but we will see. I am loving my new companionship. The dynamics are a little strange while teaching since there are 3 of us...but we all get along really well and are teaching the Gospel to many awesome people. I don't know any of the people we are teaching really well yet...but I will update that more later when I do know. 
 
I had a very interesting Sunday yesterday....I ate way too many tacos and never want to eat another taco again...and I also ate Cow Tongue. Something I honestly never would have expected to eat in Provo, Utah. My sister tried that on her mission in Bulgaria but I didn't think I would try it on mine. It was pretty good at first...but by the end I wanted to puke because they just gave us too much food. I also tried Menudo last transfer...which is the lining of a cow's stomach...and that stuff is seriously disgusting...at least the one that I tried...it was basically fat and was just....well....yuck. But other than that...we have been fed really well here and the members take good care of us. 
 
Teaching the Gospel is seriously amazing and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to witness these miracles and watch people's lives just drastically change. The hispanic culture is seriously incredible as well. Last night we ate with a family that seriously does not have the money to feed us. Both he and his wife don't have a job and they were not eating because they didn't have enough to feed them and us and their 7 kids. They live in a tiny little trailer with their 7 kids...but are seriously incredibly happy people. We are going to share the Gospel with them and hopefully they will recognize how much it will bless their lives. I just really admire people like that who don't even know you but they are willing to give you the shirt off their back. It amazes me. 
 
Anyways...I am all out of time. 
 
I love you all and hope you are all having the time of your lives like I am down here!
 
Love,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment