Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 12 in Barcelona

Hello everyone!!!
 
Time is just flying by and I don´t know where it is going! We have been just crazy busy this week with all the changes that have been happening. We took Hermana Robinson to the train station this morning...she is being transferred to Pamplona. We were really sad to see her go but Hermana Nakken and I are really excited that we get to spend these last 6 weeks of my mission together. Having a brand new missionary makes me realize how hard it was at the beginning of my mission....How frustrated I was with the language and the change of culture, and just basically everything. But those are all huge experiences that have really made me grow and I wouldn´t change them for the world. It also makes me realize how much I have change in the time on my mission. Missions are the best and I wouldn´t trade this experience for anything. There is nothing like being able to witness first hand how the Gospel changes your life and the lives of everyone that we teach. We get to see huge miracles everyday and we are just so happy all the time! Even when things are hard. 
We have been teaching some amazing people, two of which are preparing for baptism right now. One of those two we found out does not live in our area, so we introduced him to the other missionaries...that is a huge indicator of if people are really ready or not. If they are, it is not a big deal to them when something like changing missionaries and wards comes up. It is truly amazing. The other man that we are teaching right now has been trying to find which church was true from the time that he was a young man. His name is Edison and he is preparing to be baptized on the 23rd of February. Keep him in your prayers if you would. One of the most amazing and touching experiences as a missionary is inviting someone to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority...and they accept with a resounding "yes!". When they don´t worry about when it is going to be and they just immediately express their desire to follow their Savior. It is so amazing and I was lucky to see that again this week...twice. 
 
Well, I am out of time. We have a long and busy preparation day ahead of us. 
 
Love always,
Hermana Eyre

1 comment: