Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 3 in the MTC!!!

Hello everyone! I am so grateful to those of you who answered my cry for letters either in the mail or on dearelder.com. They really lifted my spirits throughout the week and I also received some awesome little packages from family this week that I loved! I got a Nativity Scene from my sister, Dried apples and thanksgiving notes from my other sister, and a present from my Aunt Linda and Uncle Rick...but I don't know what it is yet cuz I am not supposed to open it until Christmas.  
So the MTC has been treating me really well this week with the exception of my having to start birth control because of some health issues...to say the least, it has really messed with my emotions this week and I feel like I have been on the roller coaster ride of my life.  Besides that though...I am really super grateful for the MTC and everything that I am learning here.  My district is seriously amazing and we are all learning so much. My testimony is growing leaps and bounds.  I have never received answers to my prayers as fast as I have been receiving them here and there is pretty much not a single day that I do not receive some sort of personal revelation.  This has been really cool for me to experience because I have begun to see things in places that I have looked a million times and not seen anything...but now everything hits me like a brick wall. 
So I received a request to know a little more about my companion. As I said before, her name is Hermana Crowley. She is seriously awesome. She is from Twin Falls, Idaho.  She is going to serve in the Texas, Houston mission.  She loves to sing and to play the piano and even grew up doing some ballroom dancing...which is a pretty big coincidence because there is another Elder in our District that is pretty much like a professional ballroom dancer.  I have met 5 people here at the MTC that are ballroom dancers! It it crazy! I have never met so many in my life before.  Anyways, she loves her family and loves to spend time with them just about as much as I love spending time with my family. 
So short little update...I think I mentioned that I did not get my visa so my departure date is no longer December 17. So unless there is a miracle, I will be spending Christmas here in the MTC in Provo...which also means that I do NOT get a phone call on Christmas.  I will get an airport call though...but who knows when that will be. 
The language is actually coming better than I would have thought. We are teaching a lesson in Spanish pretty much everyday now.  It took a huge leap of faith for us to stop bringing notes or phrases in Spanish in with us when we went to teach, but we started doing it and it has changed everything.  The Spirit now has more of a chance to direct the lesson which has been super awesome! It has also allowed us to be able to be more blessed with the Gift of Tongues. I find myself understanding things that I really didn't know how to say and especially understanding things that are going unsaid. The spirit is super incredible and I hope that I can get better and better at trying to rely entirely on the Spirit and not try to rely on my own knowledge. 
I was lucky enough to just run into two people I knew this week. I said hi to my Mom's friend Julie Briggs who works at the MTC when the new missionaries come in. Then while I was at the temple today, I saw my brother-in-laws mom. It was good to see both of them and get a hug from people that I know and love!
Anyways...
I am really having a good time...and even though it seems like it has been an eternity since I left, I have a feeling that the next 18 months are going to fly by!
Well my time is up so I better go. 
I love you all! Keep the letters coming! I want to know about all of it!
Love,
Hermana Eyre 

No comments:

Post a Comment