Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 1 in San Sebastian

Hello all!!! From SAN SEBASTIAN!!!
 
This is seriously the most incredibly beautiful place and Heavenly Father knows me really well for sending me here. There are beautiful mountains, beautiful city and architecture, beautiful rivers, and an incredibly gorgeous beach. It is seriously incredible and I am in heaven. Best part.....The WEATHER!!! I am in heaven up here. It is not hot and not very humid!!! I love it!!! 
 
Well, my new companion is Hermana Farrell. She is from Los Angeles, California. She is really great and we get along just great. She also loves the outdoors as I do and so she goes running with me every morning and our Preparation Day´s are going to be fantastic because we can spend it outdoors and hiking and whatnot.
We have so far run a different place every day and I am just in heaven. 
 
The ward is seriously incredible. Really small but really incredible and friendly. We had a baptism this last Saturday and it was seriously a major miracle story. This guy, Miguel, contacted the Hermanas about 4 days before I got here. They met with him and he was ready to be baptized and just wanted to do everything else he needed to to be baptized. It was the fastest and most incredible instance of someone that was prepared. Not only that, but he is super firm in his testimony. He went through a crazy incredible trial the night before his baptism. He came home from his baptismal interview and his brother beat him up and his mom kicked him out of the house for good. All because he was getting baptized. He still came to his baptism on Saturday...we asked him if he was sure if he wanted to do it, and he said, "I am sure. I wouldn´t be here after all that if I wasn´t sure. I know it is true and I want to be baptized." It was seriously so incredible. He was crying during half the service. But he told us that he was just so happy that he was there. I got to play my violin again at the service and he may have cried a little bit more.
 
He was confirmed on Sunday and just was glowing and really happy. Then, during Relief Society, we had another incredible miracle happen. A member came in and told us that there were two investigators in the hall. We went out and sure enough there they were. It was incredible. This guy was from Peru and knew some members or had some contact with the church there. He had looked up things about the church online and said that he read lots of really bad things about the church...but that he is the type of person that likes to go to the source to find out for himself what the truth is. He had heard that there was a church here in San Sebastian but had no idea where it was. He was riding his bike one day and just came upon it, which is a miracle itself because it is kind of hidden. But he decided to come by on Sunday. He had a friend with him that was from France and she only spoke French. She wasn´t interested in the beginning, but when church got out and the members came and talked to her (there are several that speak French) she ended up being interested. We gave him a Book of Mormon and are going to meet with him this week and bring a Book of Mormon in French for her. It was a weekend full of really incredible miracles! God is so amazing and the church is so true!!!!
 
Well, that is really all I have time for right now...but I love you all and will talk to you next week!
 
Love,
Hermana Eyre

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to get in touch with you Serenity. Please give me your address. I was so sad when I didn't get to say goodbye to you. I have so much to tell you and I miss you so much.

    -Brooke Bennett
    jbprestwich@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete