Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 1 in the Provo, Utah mission field

Hello everyone!!!
I am out of the MTC!!! It is a crazy and surreal feeling and I kind of feel like I am in a dream or daze or something. I have a new companion and her name is Sister Putnam. We are in a bi-lingual area down here in Provo, so we will be teaching in English and in Spanish. I  am kind of having a panick attack that we are teaching real live people tonight that may or may not know anything about the Gospel. The area that we are serving in is called Geneva Heights. We cover the area of two stakes. 
While I am sad that my time at the MTC is over...I am also really excited. I am so glad that I never have to eat that food ever again!!! But I will seriously miss the spirit there and the incredible opportunities to hear from General authorities all the time.  I will miss my district like crazy!!! We were all seriously the best of friends and it is really strange that they are going to have another week there without me. I will miss my teachers so much too! The language is really all up to me and my studying now which is really strange. I will miss being able to ask any question about Spanish to them any time that I want. 
My P-days are now on Monday...at least while I am here in Provo. Maybe it will be different when I get to Spain...but who knows. 
You all can feel free to email me now or send me a DearElder if that is available for the Provo mission. I don't know...you will have to check. But if you are going to send me an email...only 1 per week if possible and don't make it too long winded. I now have 1 hour to email instead of the 30 minutes from before...but that is still not a lot of time to get through a lot and respond to everyone and write a blogpost. 
Anyways...I love you all so much and hope you will continue telling me what is going on in your lives. Just so you know...it does not make me homesick to know the things that are going on in your lives...so please share them. It makes me happy to know that people are still living and growing and doing other things with their lives.
I better go now though. I love you all! If you have the time to send me a real letter too I always love that. 
My new address is 595 N. 500 W., Orem, UT, 84057. We are living in a tiny little basement apartment of a members home. It is about half the size of our room at the MTC, But it will be great! I will talk to you all next week and let you know how my first week in the field was!
Love,
Hermana Eyre

 And Eyre picture tradition. Sister Eyre and Sister Crowley
 Sister Eyre's MTC district and teachers
 The Hermanas in Sister Eyre's MTC district
 Sister Eyre with her new companion, Sister
 Sister Eyre with her MTC companion, Sister Crowley
 Sister Eyre with Elder Port from MTC district.
 Hermana Eyre's MTC district in front of Provo temple

2 comments: