Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 7 in the MTC

Hello my loved ones!
 
My time here at the MTC is hopefully winding down...I don't really know for sure because I haven't heard any news about my visa...But there might be some hope in it though because an Elder that came in the same day that I did, just got his Visa and leaves this week. He submitted his Visa application stuff a few weeks before I did and before a couple other Elders that are in his district that are going to Barcelona....so hopefully we will all get ours by the time our time here is up. My scheduled departure date from the MTC right now is the 25th of January...so hopefully I get it by then.  Anyways... I met a couple Sisters this week that are going to Barcelona as well. Our district got the opportunity to be Hosts to the incoming missionaries on Wednesday this week. And one of the Sisters I hosted is going to Barcelona and the Sister that was just behind us happened to be going there too. I am really excited about that! They are both super sweet and maybe I will get a chance to be companions with one or both of them. 
 
This week has been some unreal weather. A good and a bad thing I think. I would love to see some more snow before I leave, but the weather has been nice on a few occasions. I found out through asking those in charge, that you can run outside in the winter on the road that goes around the buildings of the MTC, but that is still inside the gates. I am a little ticked that it took so long to figure that out. I had asked several different people when I came in, including my Zone Leaders and our coordinating Sister and they said that they didn't think that was allowed and that we were only allowed to exercise in the gym when the field closed for the winter. Well...as I have learned in the past...always ask the people actually in charge, cuz just because other people don't do it doesn't mean that there is a rule against it...so luckily, several times during the past week I have been able to go running with my companion out on the road and have been getting myself some vitamin D. I love it! It is such a relief to be outside for a little bit when we are stuck inside all day long everyday.
The temple has been closed for the last couple weeks over the holidays for cleaning...so there was that one Friday that I got to practice my violing for like 2 1/2 hours. That was fantastic! But then this last Friday, we got the opportunity to clean the temple since we didn't get to go to the temple. It was such a cool experience and I must say that it doesn't matter if you are doing temple work or cleaning...being in the temple is just amazing.
 
For those of you who don't already know this...I can see pictures that you send in an email. At least I have been able to see the pictures that my sister sends when she forwards her blog posts to me. So if you have anything that you want to share with me feel free to do it through email cuz I don't want to leave the MTC with hundreds of pictures that people have sent me...but email is a great place that I can view them over and over. But if it is something you think I will want to keep with me on my mission...feel free to send it in the mail.
Anyways...so it amazes me how small the world is sometimes...It just so happens that the guy that is what I guess you could call my cousins boss, is in one of the branch presidencies here at the MTC. He is in charge or something of the company that I believe 6 of my cousins work for. My cousins: Ben, Noah, Talmadge, Sam, Eli, Josh, and one other...I can't think of who else it would be that works for Imagine Learning...Maybe all of these cousins don't...but I think those are who we came up with. So anyways...I told him to tell them hello because he was going to see them this week. 
 
As for classes this last week...Things were honestly very hectic and it made things very hard. I was a little ticked about it a couple times. It really messed with our planning which was really frustrating. Anyone who has been on a mission knows how important planning is. I am not a planner in my own life, but for this work, it is crucial. So we would plan our days out and everything that we were going to be studying during times, and then our teachers just didn't show up to class I think about 4 or 5 different times and then some other random teacher would come in during language study or personal study and insist that we do some other activity with them and then all our goals for that day went out the window.  It was quite frustrating...but hopefully now that the new semester at BYU has started and the teachers have their new schedules, they will be a bit more dependable. It was just super frustrating to experience that because up until that point our teachers were the best and were super reliable. But now hopefully all is well. 
 
I am way nervous that the days are counting down that I will actually be out in the field. It is crazy and kind of nerve racking...but I will admit that I am excited to not have to eat the food here anymore. I go to meals and don't even want to eat now most of the time. It is basically just for survival now. But I will miss the spirit that is constantly here the most I think...and my district. We are all super close and have become each others best friends. It will be very sad to leave all of them. 
 
It is surreal that I have already been out 7 1/2 weeks...I am about 1/9 of the way through my mission already. Crazy!!!
 
Well...I am well out of time...so I better go. I miss you all and hope that you don't forget about me while I am gone!
 
Love,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment