Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 1 in the Provo, Utah mission

Hello all!
I am in the field and loving life!!! It is seriously amazing and I see incredible miracles everyday! We are currently teaching so many people and some of them are truly Golden Investigators and are really quick to follow Christ. It is amazing. I love my companion and she is training me well I think...but she said that I came pre-trained anyways so she doesn't have to do a lot.

I don't have a lot of time to blab...but The Provo mission is really amazing and the people are all really amazing. It is amazing how much the members of the church make a difference in the work. They are great at fellowshipping down here and they take really good care of the missionaries as well. When we went to the grocery store last week, a member just offered to buy our groceries for us and then we went to Cafe Rio to pick up some food for our investigators and a really nice couple bought the food for us there too. Each member that we have gone to for dinner has fed us really well and I love not having to eat the food at the MTC anymore!!!! Homecooked meals are the best!!!!

Anyways...I want to share one really quick story about an amazing couple that is investigating the church... They are Ernesto and Elizabeth. They have a little boy that is about 16 months old. They are seriously amazing. They are going through a really hard time right now. They have investigated the church before but they stopped progressing. So this couple...Ernesto lost his job and they don't have any money right now. Ernesto had even gone to a neighbor a few days earlier that, that we talked to and tried to sell them his packs of cigarettes so that he could have money to go buy some milk for his child. Anyways...we started teaching them. They complete each of the commitments we leave with them. This last lesson, we left the Proclamation to the Family with them. When we came back, they had read it, circled things, made notes in the margins about things he liked and was very excited to tell us about all the things he learned. He realized that there were things that they need to do to be right with God and they are ready and willing to do those things. They said that they know that if they put God first...he will help them through this difficult time and throughout the rest of their lives!!! It is really incredible how ready some people are for the Gospel. I am so excited to have the opportunity to teach them about it.

The language is going fairly well right now. We are teaching about half in English and half in Spanish. It is great to do both!

Well...I love you all and hope to hear from you soon....If you email me...keep it fairly short....when I have 6, 3 page emails...I don't end up having enough time to do everything. Anyways....

Love you all,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment