Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 8 in the MTC and moving out....

Hello Everyone!!!!
News at last!!! Although it is far from what I would have expected...but hopefully it is only temporary. So right now, I have a temporary call to the Utah, Provo mission. I leave on Monday the 16th. Or rather they will pick me up here in 3 days. I am a little sad because the travel office screwed up a bit and sent me out a week before my district even leaves. They don't leave until the 23rd and 25th. So I am missing my last week of language study in the MTC which I am a bit bummed about and I get a whole less week with my district. But I am super excited to actually get out and teach some people. They want to keep me close by in case I get my visa because I think you have to go pick it up in person...so I will need to be close by so that they can take me wherever I need to go if I want to get my visa and leave soon thereafter. We will see what happens though. I don't know how I feel about serving so incredibly close to where I am from and not being locked in like we are at the MTC.
Well...that little news that I got yesterday...this week has been a fairly eventful one. The food here at the MTC finally caught up with me and I got super bad food poisoning on Tuesday night, and sorry for the graphic word, I puked up probably everything that I have eaten since I arrived at the MTC.  I didn't sleep much at all that night and it made Wednesday a very hard day for me because I still wasn't able to stomach anything until about dinner time. We also hosted the new missionaries on Wednesday so I was running around the whole MTC being the most dehydrated and exhausted that I have been since I got here. But it was still fun to be able to help the new missionaries get a little adapted on their first day. Then that evening my companion and I and a companionship of Elders from our district had the opportunity to demonstrate teaching to all the new missionaries. Usually the people that the missionaries will demonstrate with are actors or members who are acting out their own conversion story. This was not the case for us. We taught a real live investigator that just found out about the job through a friend and decided to try it. But he had lots of real concerns about the church but was very interested in learning more. The point of the demonstration was for us to get the investigator to open up to us and then the new missionaries would take over and they would kick us out. Well that is exactly what they did. We got about 5 minutes in and just when we were getting to a really good point to begin teaching a lesson...they kicked us out and let the new missionaries get kicked out. I have never wanted to finish anything more in my life than I wanted to finish teaching this guy. I wish I had time to give more details but I don't. But in short...there is a fire inside me and I am so excited to get out into the field on Monday and teach people the amazing things we have in our lives.
So...don't be sending anymore letters for me to the MTC...I won't get them.  I will email my new address next P-day. I don't know when that is going to be though...so don't count on Friday.
I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment