Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 2 in the Provo, Utah mission

Hello everyone!!! How are you all doing? I miss you all but I am having a good time sharing the Gospel in the Utah, Provo mission. We have been teaching quite a bit this week and that family that I told you about last week is doing really well and is really ready to receive the Gospel. I don't think they will get baptized while I am here though because both of them have to get a divorce from their spouses so that they can get married and then be baptized. But they have incredible strong testimonies already and beared their testimonies to us several times this week. They said that before they started following this path, all kinds of doors were closing and they were really getting into trouble, but since they decided to put God first in their lives, all those doors have been opening up again and they know that Heavenly Father is pleased with what they are doing. 
Being in this mission has been a huge growing experience for me and I am trying to learn to have more patience, cuz apparently God thinks I don't have any. But I will not go into any detail about that. We had a fun Sister's activity on Sunday night. It was a sleepover at the mission home and then we went to the temple with President and Sister Pitts in the morning. It took up most of our day unfortunately but it was totally worth it. At the mission home on Sunday night we had a question and answer session with President Pitts, (who used to be an area 70, so he knows a lot) and man, he answered a question for me that I have been wondering for a long time and it was really awesome. I love how the spirit works like that. Anyways, I know I was probably sent here for other reasons as well, but I truly believe that Heavenly Father really thought that I needed to know that and so he sent me here so I could get that answer.
Well, I forgot to mention last week about some happenings at the MTC a while ago....so when I got into the MTC I had a goal of doing 5 pullups before I left....Well guess who broke my own record and set the record for pullups for Sister's in the MTC. I set the record with 10 pullups! I can't believe I was able to accomplish that and I bet my little brother wont believe it either....That is why I am going to attach a picture of the certificate they gave me! I love it! I doubled my goal! As dumb as it may sound, I believe Heavenly Father helped me accomplish that one...because he want to help me accomplish all the goals that I have while I am on my mission if I am doing my best to teach his Gospel.
As for the Visa...I may get it in the next week or two. Rumor has it anyways...I hope it comes! I really want to get immersed in the culture there!
Well...I am well out of time. I better go. 
Love you all,
Hermana Eyre

...the snowman in our pictures. We built him when it snowed and then he stayed standing for about a week...but slowly began to tip over. He is still standing now...but he lost his head. Those sister are the sisters in this mission and the other is with me and my companion.






No comments:

Post a Comment