Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 1 in BARCELONA!!! FINALLY!!!

Hey everyone!!!
I am finally in the mission that I was called to! It is amazing and feels so right. It is seriously a cool place. My new P-Day is Monday... so just so you all know and make sure you write me before then. 
 
My area is a pretty small area in the suburbs of Barcelona. It is called Hospitalet. It is seriously so great being back in the field!!! I love it!!! And our schedule here is so awesome!!! Instead of the 6:30 to 10:30...we have 7:30 to 11:30. It is fabulous and so much more normal for my body. The strange thing here though is that there are only two meals a day. We get breakfast and then a semi late lunch at 2 after a couple hours of proselyting and then we have language study...go back out at 4 and don´t return to our apartment until 10. And there is no dinner. It is just not very custom here to eat dinner. They just have a fairly big lunch called medio dia. This will take some adjustment but I am stoked for everything here.
 
My companion´s name is Sister Reeder. She is awesome and we are basically the same person! It is crazy. She is the only other Sister in the mission that plays violin and we got put together. We got right to work and played in church on Sunday and plan to take full advantage of our musical gifts to bring people to the gospel. We are really excited. She loves to run and exercise like me and we get along just great. This is going to be a fantastic transfer!
Our apartment is a little bit ridiculous...and if I didn´t know any better I would think that I was serving in my sister´s mission in Bulgaria. Apparently it is way below the standards for the missionary apartments here. Our shower is literally 2 feet by 2 and a half feet. I can barely fit my shoulders in it. It is also a seriously filthy dirty apartment and every missionary that has lived there for the past who knows how long never cleaned and left all their junk there. We are working hard on getting it clean though. It will just take some time since we don´t have a lot of time to clean. 
 
Anyways...I am out of time but I love it here. President Hinckley is fantastic and I am so excited to be serving in such an awesome mission with such awesome missionaries and an awesome Mission President. 
 
Well time to go!
 
Love you all,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment