Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 1 in SPAIN

Hey everyone!!!
I am in Spain! It is a little bit surreal and doesn´t really feel like I am in Spain because we basically never get to leave the MTC. It is really hard being back in the MTC and spending all day in class instead of out teaching people. It is crazy. I honestly am not a huge fan of the food here...there is not much option in this tiny lunchroom that we have and everything (main course) is potatoes or something fried or something with salsa and everything is cooked in tons of oil. I have been basically living off of fruit and yogurt for a week because I can´t stand the food. This is amazing...I have never considered myself to be a picky eater...but it certainly sounds like I am by all my experiences on the mission so far. I just like to eat healthy food though because I feel super gross and sick when I eat the unhealthy food that is prepared for us (all the places that I have been). You know...it is just cafeteria food! Not very awesome. Restaurants...that is a different story...I hardly ever hate things at restaurants or that I make myself...because they are made to a higher quality and are not made for the masses...so naturally they are a bit healthier. Anyways...enough of that. 
The MTC here is absolutely gorgeous because it is literally on the temple grounds. I have been seeing some of the most amazing sunsets and sunrises of my life here.
As for the first week here...it has been really hard. My companion was sick and we had to miss the first day of proseliting in the park, which also meant that I missed a few days of exercise and I have had a really hard time having a positive attitude about anything here. Exercise is so important!!!! It makes all the difference in the stress of being a missionary. It is crazy. But I finally found a sister I think that likes to run and she does happen to be going to Barcelona as well. Hopefully we will be companions in the future. We have about 15 sisters that came over last week...and it is crazy to me that only 2 of us like to run or really exercise hard. But oh well...at least there is that.
I don´t know how much else I have to share except that we did get a special surprise trip to the park, so we ended up getting to go and contact people. It was a really interesting experience and way different from Utah. People definitely are not as friendly here and will very blatently ignore you when you talk to them. It is a bit of a different experience. But we did run into a couple people that we were able to share a little with...but they were not Spaniards interestingly enough. One was from Columbia, another from Peru, and two from Malaysia that are living in London. It was a good experience nonetheless and the park is absolutely gorgeous and huge!!! Very comparable to many huge parks that I am sure you all know the names of. 
I am excited to be able to sign these residency papers in a week and get out of the MTC. I want to be teaching people everday!!! It is hard to be in class!!! 
Anyways...I better go now....time is up.
Love you all,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment