Thursday, March 15, 2012

Week 2 in SPAIN!!!...heading to Barcelona:)

Hey everyone!!!! 
 
I leave Madrid for Barcelona at 6:30 tomorrow morning! I am stoked to finally get to the place that I was called to serve and to meet my mission President, President Hinckley. While these last to weeks back in the MTC have been a really hard adjustment to make, I am grateful for this time. I have met a lot of people and learned a lot from each of them, especially my district here...and I probably would not have met them otherwise, or learned all these things from them. 
 
We have had some really cool experiences with contacting people in the park and some not so amazing experiences. The other day we were talking to this guy who ended up being not very nice at all. He was atheist and would just interrupt us everytime we tried to say something. But while we were talking to him, this other guy came up to us and asked us about some church of Jesus Christ...But neither of us fully understood his question and when I looked to my companion she just had this blank stare on her face. The guy that we were talking to just told him no and that we didn´t know. And so the guy walked away...then the guy that we were talking to said that it was better that we didn´t understand that guys question when we told him that we didn´t understand...he was really not very nice and was obviously taking the opportunity to take someone away from us. Anyways..my companion felt like we needed to go after him...so we quickly finished up our conversation with this guy and started running in the direction of that guy. It took us a few minutes to find him...but we found him after sprinting across the park. We caught up to him and apologized for not understanding. He told us that he is from Columbia and is here with his sister. He has been looking to have God in his life again and was trying to find the right church...the Church of Jesus Christ. Talk about being a perfect contact! God literally led each of us in our district to someone like that that day. It was seriously amazing. We sat down and talked with this guy forever. He was way awesome and we were able to get his information so that we can send the other missionaries in Madrid to come visit him.  We also had a few other cool experiences at the park and on the metro a few days before that...but I do not have enough time to tell all that. But I just wanted to share at least one of these miracles that I was able to witness this last week. 
 
Anyways...Madrid is a super cool place and I am sad that I didn´t get to see more of the city here. But I hope to come back and visit someday. But I am way excited to get off to Barcelona tomorrow and back into the field! Wish me luck!!! I love you all and miss you all!!!
 
Love,
Hermana Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment